Process Engineering Technician
Report To: Production Manager
Level of Responsibility: Direct supervision of others
Position Type: Non-Exempt
- Associate’s degree or two (2) plus years equivalent technical experience and /or military technical training
- SMT manufacturing and process experience preferred
- Familiar with IPC, J-STD, and AS9100 as certified by NSF-ISR· Professional, clear verbal and written communication
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to trouble shoot in a logical manner
- Working knowledge of Statistical process control (SPC)
- Excellent Time management skills and ability to work independently
- Technical aptitude and experience using hand tools, such as soldering irons, hand crimpers, screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers
- Ability to work on large machinery from manufacture diagrams and instructions · Read, interpret, and apply blueprint/drawing specifications
- Must be able to exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Computer literate with experience with Microsoft Office applications ·
- Reliable transportation
- Able to move between work stations
- Able to stand or sit for long periods throughout the workday
- Able to lift, or team lift, up to 25 lbs.
- Able to work inside and underneath machinery ·
- Able to work on machinery on top of steps or on ladders
The Process Engineer Technician is responsible for managing all SMD operations and staff. Day to day operations include implementing the developed run schedule, keeping machines maintained and in working order, completing job paperwork, updating logs and SPC data charts, and all other responsibilities outlined. In addition, implement continuous improvement of processes and department operations.
- Build electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies per manufacturing drawings and instructions
- Build and develop placement programs, printer programs, and oven programs.
- Run oven profiles on new boards when process indicators show an issue.
- Work with purchasing on design or acquisition of tooling required for new production jobs.
- Check and update drawings to capture any changes or errors. · Keep SMT line and equipment properly maintained and in good working condition
- Train SMT machine operators
- Effectively communicate with internal and external clients in a timely manner
- Submit purchase requests for repair and maintenance parts as needed
- Develop and maintain a SMT run schedule
- Control counts on fallout and unusable surface mount parts after production jobs ·
- Keep SMT SPC data sheets up to date and identify process indicators · Conduct sigma studies and identify processes of high risk and develop solutions
- Build products to required IPC Class and identify any design issues that may cause class requirement to be unattainable · Use blueprints, schematics, and customer drawings to complete First Articles on bare PCBs.
- Keep SMT process documents up to date · Insure builds are inspected at inspection point before reflow · Test production product to ensure proper operation per established test criteria
- Perform required re-work or repair to return unit to operational state as directed
- Run production and test equipment
- Operate hand tools and small power tools and understand their use and function
- Ensure equipment is in good working order and calibrated prior to use
- Inspect all work to quality standards before passing on to the next operations
- Work with Purchasing to identify any parts that require expediting
- Keep Production Manager and Sales Reps informed of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect production schedules
- Complete required paperwork neatly and accurately
- Provide support to co-workers and Production Manager on all production assignments and work in other departments and/or miscellaneous assignment as instructed
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment Additional responsibilities and authorities are defined in quality procedures, process diagrams, instructions and forms
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Levison Enterprises LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer